Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hill Street Blues

Back from jury duty, folks. Back from the filthiest chairs I have ever seen/sat in for 8 hours (due to the heavy mixture of dander, skin flakes, and upholstery deterioration, a yellow powder appeared to have been sprinkled all over them).

"California... the greatest state in the union. Where people live together in harmony... but not always. Sometimes justice is needed." Or so said the state-mandated video we were forced to watch. Testimonials abounded. "I knew I was going to have to wait a while, so I bought a book, and it wasn't that bad," smiled a plain Chinese woman, circa 1994.

Sights from 111 N. Hill Street: a camerman from TMZ.com lurking around the courtyard door, one homeless man carefully giving another homeless man a shave, countless ant infestations, and a woman screaming on the corner about the real identity of the illuminati.

LASC, fight fight fight!

I would have been on a civil trial anyway, which is boring but would not have given me nightmares for the rest of my life. I mean, WTF is a murder trial? Imagine, you, going around, minding your own busienss, then you get summoned to be on a jury for a muder trial where bloody exhibits get shoved in your face, tearful testimonies, pictures of mangled corpses -- how do you recover from that? I know all about the justice system, believe me, but it still doesn't seem fair. Whatever, i have to get to work this morning. See ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment